Sunday, December 7, 2008

Old Chevy Truck

In the year of 1970 my dad bought his very first Chevy pick-up truck. It was his prized possession that drove him to and from school each day and to every Friday night football game. On December 12th 1989, I was born. This truck made its way to David City, Nebraska to pick me up from the hospital. This truck has seen every single year of my life. For as long as I could remember, you couldn’t even see the exact shade of green that it was painted. There was more rust on the fenders and bumper than paint. The window had a huge crack from side to side right down the middle of where you look out. Once the transmission went out, my dad couldn’t stand to send it to the junk yard, so my brother, dad, and I decided to work together to fix the truck back up to its glory days. Once the engine and transmission were fixed, we began to paint the truck. It is now back to the perfect shade of green it was over twenty years ago. The windshield no longer has a crack down the center, and all of the rust was sanded off completely. We even re-did the interior with dark gray leather seats and a chrome steering wheel. The truck is basically a part of our family. It has been there through thick and thin and we wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.



No comments: